Sunday, September 9, 2012

Chastened Sore

Shalom In Yahshua and welcome once again to this blog and teaching. 

Today we will continue our teaching of Ps.118; studying out verse 18.

For my comments on verse 17 click here

The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.

In review of this verse we see Yahshua once again.
It is in submission to  the chastening of YHVH that Yahshua was made perfect.(Heb.5:8) 

This is a lesson that I myself am learning as I travel on The Way to Shamayim. It was recently that I was chastened by YHVH for something that I failed to do; which I knew I should have done. I was chastened in public! Sometimes we stubble and fall but Yahshua never did. It is for this reason that He is our only example in all things. (1Pe.2:21;2Pe.1:3)

The text under consideration informs us that Yahshua was not given unto death. How can this be? Click here for comments on this point.

In the final battle before us; the time of Jacobs trouble (Jer.30:7) many will be martyred for their faith (Mat.24:9; 2Ti.3:12) It is at this time we should call to mind the words of this text:  

The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.

Until next time........Shalom and Ahava In Yahshua

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this and for your honesty, Yuri. I hope your spirit was lifted through that trial in His joy!

    "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love." John 15:9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shalom Heather- and thanks once again for your visit and comment of encouragement. I hope all is well with you.

      Shalom In Yahshua

      Delete