Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thou Hast Thrust Sore At Me

Shalom In Yahshua Messiah and welcome once again to our series of teachings in the Tehillim or Psalms. We are studying the 118th division. 


In our last study we showed; from the Scriptures, the dual nature of the prophecy contained in Ps.118:10-12. We learned that the dogs (evil doers or the assembly of the wicked) that compassed about Yahshua at the Cross are representative of the complete fulfillment of this prophecy which comes to pass in Rev.20:7-9. For more on this review click here . 


Today we wish to continue in this fascinating study by studying closely Ps.118:13-14 


Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped me. The LORD [is] my strength and song, and is become my salvation. 


For those not familiar with these studies we wish to acquaint you with the position that Psalms 118; as with all the Psalms speak of Yahshua and His righteousness as it at the same time conveys the immediate contextual song/prayer/prophecy.(1Pe.1:10-11)




With that in mind we continue with our commentary on the above verses. 


Courtesy of  KORE photos
Verse 13 tells us that Yahshua was sorely thrust at for the purpose that He might fall. Many trials and traps were set for Yahshua. Many of His enemies followed Him and hoped to ensnare Him and to destroy His life. An example of this is found in Lk.4:28,29 "And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong. The prophecy in Ps.118:13 says "the LORD helped me". How? "But he passing through the midst of them went his way," (Lk.4:30) (see Jhn.8:57-59)


In verse 14 we see that Yahshua would ascribe strength and salvation to YHVH; His Father. This we see here in Jhn.5:19,20 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. And again Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. (Jhn.14:10) Here we see that Yahshua ascribes His works to be done by His Abba. And in Mat.11:20-23; and Mat.13:54 this works are described as 'mighty works'. (See also  Lk.22:43) 


And what about YHVH being Yahshua's song? And what about Yahshua ascribing salvation to His Father? 


Until next time........shalom and Ahava In Yahshua. 

No comments:

Post a Comment